W alkers are provide each customer we move locally with a comprehensive moving kit. This includes vital information on the moving process and a moving planner that can be marked as each item is completed. It lists everything from the disposal of ineligible items to which relevant authorities and organizations your employees should contact to advise them of their move.
- Having successfully moved over a million people during the last 36 years, garnering countless customer service excellence awards, Walkers continues to be 100% committed to:
- Providing a comprehensive range of seamless door-to-door removalist services, delivering stress-free moves for peace of mind.
- Delivering attentive, superior customer service throughout your move
- Providing highly trained reliable professional packers and removalists who will handle your treasures with the utmost care.
- Moving your treasures safely with our Guardian Packing System (including custom designed moving boxes and packing material) and purpose-built reinforced steel containers that provide optimum protection while in transit and storage.
- Ensuring your treasures are secure, with the most advanced undercover secure storage facilities in the southern hemisphere, and our four-level security protection system.
Walkers started this removal business with just one humble goal:
To completely transform the local moving business and experiences, we have spent a fair bit of time in studying the way how other local removalists have worked and their experiences. And we find that there is a vital room for improvement. For more than 48 years now we’ve been tweaking and taking feedback and really listening to our customers to find out what they wanted and needed for local removals. Today we’re proud to say we’re not only trusted by our customers, we’re recommended too.
Walker’s local moving service can cater to any budget?
Walkers offer two types of local moving quotes:
- Hourly rate: We have a flexible low budget hourly rate service ideal for short distance moving you can select 2 men and a truck or 3 men and a truck.
- Free quotation: Alternatively if you are a more precise person, we offer an obligation free quote. Walkers are one of the few removalists that still offer a free in home quote service. It proves to be a more accurate way to quote, and protects you from paying more on moving day.
The risk, with online quotes is you may not have listed all items or enough cartons, plus not enough access information to your residence. This information is vital to planning a move and giving you an accurate moving quote.
Walkers in home survey are Free and it’s a fixed price quote, with no obligation. When you book Walkers know more about what we are moving for you, when, to where, and importantly have the access that gives you a better moving experience.
Alternatively if you just need an idea on cost, as a ball park you could to a quick quote not and should this be in your budget please call us now to arrange a free in home survey to confirm the list (volume) below on free call and or to book in the service with our bookings specialist on 1800 630 077.
How do I book a local move in?
Its best to email us your Acceptance of quote or phone us and quote your Move number, because every move is different its always a good idea to talk to us so we can check through all your requirements. We are developing an online order process that is simple and convenient as possible, but its still best to check our availability.
When you complete your Acceptance of Quote you will receive an automatic email booking confirmation. Depending on the payment method you will also receive a second email with your receipt or from our Paypal our online transaction partner, confirming the success or failure of your purchase. In the rare occasions when a transaction fails, you may receive an email from paypal, however this will be clearly explained on the paypal email.
Once the deposit is processed then we secure your dates and the booking is fully confirmed, you will receive another email a few days out from your move sat to confirm the final payment, this email also confirms your moving dates that you have selected, or any alternative delivery arrangements.
On the day before your move, you will receive a courtesy call confirming the time we will be with you, and to check your address details, along with an email containing our contact telephone number, and your move number and address details. Please call if we have any details wrong this is vital as we want to have a good start to the day.
If you provided a mobile number during the check-out process you will also receive this information via SMS.
Can I book my move in over the phone?
We know that booking in a move online isn’t convenient for everyone, so we have made it just as easy to book your move over the phone simply quote your quote number that will become you move number for tracking purposes throughout your move with Walkers. Our booking line is available on 1800 630 077.
When booking a move over the phone, the same confirmation processes apply as detailed above.
Can I choose the delivery time or date?
When you book a move on our website, you can select a convenient delivery date of your choice that we will then check our availability and confirm with you, it also a good idea to give us your preference for time.
Our move dates are:
Monday – Friday AM (8am-11am)
Monday – Friday PM (12pm)
Our Bookings specialists will call you the day before your move and provide an estimated pickup or delivery time that falls within yours or our selected window.
We look forward to hearing from you as dates are filling fast, please note this is the peak time for moving!